STEPS TO PEACE WITH GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE
14 Oct 2015
A Recognition or awareness of the following points will help your understanding of God and His Son Jesus Christ, why you need to put your faith in Him, and how to do so.
- God Almighty created the world and all that is in it: human beings, the seas, rivers, oceans, mountains and the firmaments, the plants and vegetation, animals, all living and seemingly non-living things. So you are God’s creation
- God loves man and was “very cool” with him, until one of the angelic beings, the devil (or Satan) rebelled against God and deceived the first man and woman; Adam and Eve,and as a result of their disobedience were alienated from God their Creator. Since then, everyone born of Adam and Eve, bearing their DNA, has become an enemy of God. Sin which is rebellion against God has become innate to mankind.
- So all have sinned and fell below God’s glorious standard; the wages, the result of sin is separated life from God (death). Rom 3:23, 6:23
- Self-examination of your life in view of what the Bible, God’s Holy word addresses as sin. When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear – sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties and the like. “Let me tell you again as I have before that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the kingdom of God” (Gal. 5:19-21). This means no eternal life with God!
- No amount of self-efforts, good works or avoidance of bad behavior by itself can earn you eternal life or peace with God. We are all infected and impure with sin…our righteous deeds are nothing but filthy rags before the Lord (Isa 64:6)
- But God!! He loves us, he loves you! So he sent His Son Jesus Christ to die for us, while we were yet sinners. Rom 5:8
- Jesus Christ, who proceeded from God, His only begotten Son, became God’s goodwill and peace towards human beings. Lk 2:10,14; Rom 5:1
- Faith in Jesus Christ provides everlasting life: no one can come to be reconciled to God the Creator except through Jesus Christ. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16, Rom 5:9)
- God laid on Him (Jesus) the sins and rebellion of us all, because we left God’s path to follow our own (Isa 53:6)
- Jesus’ blood atones for our sins. He was beaten, wounded, bruised and killed (Isa 53) and thus provided appeasement for our sins and rebellion before God and reconciliation with Him Who created us (Col 1:20-22).
- That is why there is no other way to God or everlasting life but through Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God who took away the sins of the world. He is the only pathway to reconciliation (Jn 1:29). He is the way, the Truth and the life (Jn 14:6). Jesus died, but rose again on the third day and by Him repentance from sin and forgiveness is preached and administered (Acts 2:38, 4:10-12)
- Thus salvation of soul, reconciliation and vital relationship with your Maker is not what can be earned by good deeds or by offering abundance of sacrifices including your own life, or that of others. No, it is by faith in Jesus Christ, the already slain Lamb of God. Salvation, peace with God, eternal life is by the grace of God, God’s own empowerment that is not merited by us, but through faith in Jesus Christ.(Jn 1:12)
- Thank God, therefore for the gift of Jesus, the free gift of God unto eternal life (Rom 5:15, 23). Then embrace Him by faith, asking for the forgiveness of your sins and grace – empowerment to become God’s child for those who believe in Him He gave power or divine empowerment to become sons of God.
- Confess, or own up to your sins – the nature of and practice of sin, renounce them, ask forgiveness by the blood of Jesus Christ (Col 1:14). He will forgive you, that is the reason He died (1 Jn 1:9)
- Ask Jesus to come into your heart to live there by His holy Spirit and make you God’s child and you can have a vital relationship with Him (Rev 3:20). Your name will be written in God’s account book in heaven as a bona fide member of His heavenly kingdom (Rev 20:15, 21:27).
Meditate over the steps above, unto understanding and faith. Do not hesitate to make a quality decision to become a child of God, a believer in Jesus Christ today.
- There is God, the Creator. He created you. He is holy. He loves you.
- But you were born a sinner – a rebel to the God who loves you. You went your own way. You were lost. It is in human DNA to go your own way
- God loves you. He provided a bridge through which you can come back to Him. Jesus Christ His own Son from heaven, became a sinless lamb offering for your sin – to provide appeasement for you. Your good deeds cannot appease God
- Receive the love of God through Jesus Christ and return to your Creator in vital, eternal relationship and peace.
PRAYER of SALVATION
Oh Lord, I am sorry for my sins and all I have done in rebellion to you and your ways. Forgive me, make me your own through your Son Jesus Christ. I believe He died and rose again for me. I receive His love and grace today, I make Him my Savior, Lord and Master of my life. Please document me in your book in heaven and give me grace to follow you for therest of my life. Thank you my Creator.